Dignity Freedom Network Australia (DFNA) is committed to accountability and transparency in all practices. We hold ourselves to a high ethical standard and work to protect the rights of our donors and supporters.
1. DFNA honours donors’ requests to:
- Limit the frequency of contact
- Not be contacted by telephone or other technology
- Receive printed material concerning the organisation
- Discontinue contact
2. DFNA does not sell, rent, exchange, or share its donor list.
3. DFNA honours donors' requests to remain anonymous.
4. DFNA encourages donors to seek independent advice regarding gifts described as Planned Gifts and/or gifts that may significantly affect the donor's circumstances (including, but not limited to taxation or family matters).
5. DFNA will issue appropriate receipts for all gifts made, in compliance with all Australia Revenue Agency regulations.
6. Any person acting on behalf of DFNA must not make claims that cannot be upheld or are misleading.
7. All fundraising solicitations by a person acting on behalf of DFNA must:
- Disclose DFNA's name
- Disclose the purpose for which funds are requested
8. Any fundraising materials distributed by or on behalf of DFNA must include its address or other contact information.
9. Those acting on behalf of DFNA will be sensitive in describing those DFNA serves and fairly represent their needs and how these needs will be addressed.
10. DFNA does not, directly or indirectly, pay finder’s fees, commissions or percentage compensation based on contributions.
11. DFNA respects the privacy of donors. All donor records are kept confidential. Donors have the right to see their record and challenge its accuracy.
12. To demonstrate our commitment to transparency and accountability, DFNA posts a variety of information about the organisation on our website including: our financial statements and other related material.
13. DFNA is committed to use all funds designated to a specific project to that end. In the event that a project need has been fully met, funds will be applied to a similar project.
14. Eighty % of gifts received for a specific project are applied directly to that project and 20% towards administration. Eighty % of sponsorship support is applied to the education program and 20% towards administration.