Hope for the Jogini Girls Dinners 2020
Thank you for joining us for our 2020 ‘Hope for the Jogini Girls’ Dinners.
We were thrilled to have guests join from Albany to Townsville to Hobart, and everywhere in between; and from Whangarei to Christchurch.
Thank you to those who joined us, to those who hosted groups, to those who sponsored children, and to those who donated.
We are thankful to each and every one of our partners.
DFN DINNERS HIGHLIGHTS
We invite you to join us for a very special dinner in the comfort of your own home.
For over 2,000 years, young girls have been dedicated as Joginis,
‘married’ to a deity without consent and thereafter trapped in a life of
ritualised, systemic abuse.
We work to prevent dedications, and empower Jogini women to seek freedom with the ultimate goal of seeing the system dismantled.
This one CAN end.
We would love to host our annual ‘Hope for the Jogini Girls Dinners, but this year it is not possible. COVID-19 makes travel impossible and restrictions are continually changing.
However, the work in India is flourishing, responding to the COVID-19 crisis, serving the vulnerable, and seeing incredible transformation.
We want to share these stories with you!
This year, we are planning 5 virtual dinners: 3 on the East Coast Australia (AEST); 1 on the West Coast (AWST) and 1 in New Zealand.
As we are not able to gather in numbers this year, guests can join from the comfort of their own homes, with guests where and as permitted.
All that is needed to join one of our dinners is: internet access, connection to a TV screen via a device, delicious Indian food, and guests (where possible) ready to enjoy a great evening.
The theme of the evenings is ‘A touch of India’. Jonathan & Kate will MC live from Melbourne, with the program including video with shelter updates, an interview with Dr Beryl, and footage of our COVID-19 response.
Resources, recipes and the program will be available after registration, ensuring a memorable and inspirational event.
Funds raised will support the work, expanding into more villages to see hope and dignity restored to vulnerable women and girls.
Simply click on the links below to register for the dinner date that you would like to join. Our team will be in touch and we will provide resources so we can enjoy a fabulous evening ‘together apart’.
- Australia West Coast: Saturday September 19th 7.30pm click here
- New Zealand: Saturday September 26th 7.30pm click here
- Australia East Coast: Saturday September 26th 7.30pm AEST click here
This will be an inspiring series of dinners, not to be missed.
- The theme is ‘A touch of India’; use your imagination to create an Indian atmosphere
- Resources and activities will be provided prior to the evening
- Indian music is available upon request
- The program will be streamed through Vimeo, the link provided prior to the event
- Numbers: Compliance with Country / State restrictions is essential; anything from 1 person to however many are allowed where you live. Larger groups can meet if & as appropriate
- Who to ask: Feel free to invite your family, friends, Life Group, neighbours, anyone keen to enjoy an evening that will inspire
- Food: Enjoy delicious Indian cuisine. You can cook it, buy it, ask people to bring something and/or ask people to contribute to the cost of the meal, whatever works for you
- Funds raised will support and expand our work in 270 villages in India, supporting women trapped in an abusive system. Our goal is to continue funding these 270 villages, and to expand into more villages
- Note: Hosts cannot receive cash; donations can be made on line, via the response form, or by cheque
- For any other questions, please email [email protected] or [email protected]
- These are not Zoom meetings, we are live-streaming via Vimeo
- Registrations essential so we can send links and resources
- All donations in New Zealand are fully tax-deductible
- All donations in Australia are fully tax-deductible