Upstream Challenge 2019
Register today for the 2019 Upstream Challenge!
What is the Upstream Challenge?
The a2 Milk™ Upstream Challenge is a fabulous annual walk/run in Eastern Melbourne
- Enter as an individual or team
- Register for the 50km walk or the 20km walk.
- There is no registration fee, however each participant commits to raise a minimum of $200 in donations, $50 of which needs to be donated at the time of registration
Choosing Dignity Freedom Network as your beneficiary will help us expand into more villages by supporting more Jogini Village Leaders and Community Health Workers. Every $1,125 enables us to work in another village for a year.
Where is It?
- The 50km walk or run is from Melbourne to Donvale along the picturesque Yarra River
- The 20km option starts at Yarra Flats (Checkpoint 3) and concludes at Donvale
When is It?
Saturday November 9th 2019
- The 50km participants will start in waves between 7am – 8am
- The 20km participants will start at Yarra Flats at 9:30am
All participants are encouraged to invite family and friends along to the finish line to give a well-deserved cheer!
Please Note: If you can’t run or walk, we also need volunteers to help on the day. Relay teams are not an option.
Follow the event on our Facebook Events Page!
The a2 Milk™Upstream 50km Challenge starts at Gosch’s Paddock in the Melbourne and Olympic Park precinct. It progresses along a 50km route in the Melbourne Metropolitan area, making use of the scenic walking routes along the Yarra River. Four checkpoints break the 50km into approximately 10km sections. The a2 Milk™ Upstream Challenge concludes at Donvale Christian College for celebrations, food and activities.
The a2 Milk™ Upstream 20km Challenge starts at Yarra Flats. It then meanders along the Yarra River and Mullum Mullum Creek to the finish at Donvale Christian College. It has one checkpoint (CP4) at Westerfolds Park.
Participants register for either the 50km or 20km Challenge as an individual or as a team.
- Individual Entry: complete either the 50km or 20km at your own pace.
- Team Entry: complete either the 50km or 20km as a team. Teams MUST stick together throughout the event, so if you are at different fitness levels or speed, we suggest you register as an individual.
- The fundraising minimum of $200 is per participant not per team.
Participants nominate which beneficiary they wish to support. We invite you to nominate Dignity Freedom Network.
100% of donations go directly to the beneficiaries. The Upstream Foundation requires participants to raise a minimum of $200, with the hope that everyone sets their fundraising target high.
The minimum donation is due by the 1st November 2019 and the final donations are due back on Friday the 22nd November 2019. For answers to questions, please see frequently asked questions on the Upstream Foundation website.