Register today for the 2019 Upstream Challenge!
November 9th, 2019
What is the Upstream Challenge?
The a2 Milk™ Upstream Challenge is a fabulous annual fund-raising walk/run in Eastern Melbourne, from Melbourne to Donvale.
- Enter as an individual or team
- Register for the 50km or the 20km option
- There is no registration fee, however each participant commits to raise a minimum of $200, with $50 donated at the time of registration
Dignity Freedom Network is delighted to be one of the 2019 Upstream Challenge beneficiaries. Choosing us helps us expand into more villages.
Every $1,600 enables us to work in a village for an entire year, endeavouring to help vulnerable women and girls find hope and dignity.
Where is It?
- The 50km walk / run is from Melbourne to Donvale along the picturesque Yarra River
- The 20km option starts at Yarra Flats to Donvale
- Both options conclude at Donvale Christian College
Click here to see the routes
When is It?
Saturday November 9th, 2019
- The 50km participants starts in waves between 7am – 8am
- The 20km participants starts at Yarra Flats at 9:30am
All participants are encouraged to invite family and friends along to the finish line to give a well-deserved cheer!
Register Here to participate
If you are unable to participate, we also need volunteers to help on the day.
If you would like to volunteer E: email@example.com
We also need people to sponsor our wonderful walkers.
Sponsor one of our participants Here
Follow the event on Facebook
The a2 Milk™Upstream 50km Challenge starts at Gosch’s Paddock in the Melbourne and Olympic Park precinct. It progresses along a 50km route in the Melbourne Metropolitan area, making use of the scenic walking routes along the Yarra River. Four checkpoints break the 50km into approximately 10km sections. The a2 Milk™ Upstream Challenge concludes at Donvale Christian College for celebrations, food and activities.
The a2 Milk™ Upstream 20km Challenge starts at Yarra Flats. It then meanders along the Yarra River and Mullum Mullum Creek to the finish at Donvale Christian College. It has one checkpoint (CP4) at Westerfolds Park.
Participants register for either the 50km or 20km Challenge as an individual or as a team.
- Individual Entry: complete either the 50km or 20km at your own pace
- Team Entry: complete either the 50km or 20km as a team. Teams MUST stick together throughout the event, so if you are at different fitness levels or speed, we suggest you register as an individual
- Relay teams are not an option
- The fundraising minimum of $200 is per participant not per team
Participants nominate which beneficiary they wish to support.
We invite you to nominate Dignity Freedom Network.
100% of donations go directly to the beneficiaries. The Upstream Foundation requires participants to raise a minimum of $200, hoping that everyone sets their fundraising target high.
The minimum donation is due by the 1st November 2019 with final donations due by Friday the 22nd November 2019. For Fund-raising ideas, click here. For other FAQs please visit the frequently asked questions on the Upstream Foundation website.