DFN Youth Ambassador Program
Are you a young person who is passionate about issues of social justice, helping marginalised people in India, and ending the abhorrent Jogini practice? Are you keen to actually do something about it? Our Youth Ambassador Teams are a perfect way for you to be encouraged and equipped to make a significant difference, while developing personal skills. We are committed to equipping and empowering young people to stand with us and see real change in our world.
We are looking for individuals who are:
– Aged between 16 and 20
– Passionate about social justice and ending the plight of the marginalised and vulnerable people in India
– Able to work well in teams
– Able to organise and carry out one or more passion projects over 6 months (July – December 2019)
– Willing to learn new skills and challenge themselves
– Creative and innovative thinkers
Youth Ambassador Teams
The Youth Ambassador Teams are groups of around 5 young people who work towards ending the injustice shown towards the vulnerable people in India. Teams will work alongside a DFN mentor to organise and carry out various fundraising & awareness raising projects.
What is a Youth Ambassador Member and What Do They Do?
As a team member, you would be able to:
– Learn more about India and issues of injustice
– Gain experience and knowledge about working in a mission/social justice context
– Align your skills with your passions by choosing various ways that you and your team can raise funds and awareness for these people
– Develop your communication and organisation skills with the support of a DFN mentor
– Work with your team to help DFN create social media fundraising and awareness campaigns
– Speak to your local community about the plight of vulnerable people living in India
– Attend various social justice conferences and speak to delegates about the marginalised people in India and the work DFN does
What is a Youth Ambassador Team Leader and What Do They Do?
Each team will have a Team Leader. The Team Leader will be selected based on their demonstrated, outstanding leadership qualities in areas such as time management, interpersonal skills, creative and innovative thinking and a clear passion for social justice.
In addition to the tasks performed and skills practiced by team members, as a Team Leader you will also:
– Develop your leadership abilities in practical ways, with the support of a DFN mentor
– Delegate tasks and activities to your team members, based on their strengths and interests
– Help create a positive team environment by setting an example, supporting and encouraging your team members
– Update your DFN mentor of your team’s progress
How Do I Apply?
For both Team Leader and Team Member positions, you will need to:
1. Fill in this Passion Project Form, outlining an area of interest you would like to focus on and one idea for a passion project
2. Fill in this Personal Information Form that details your relevant experience and passion for social justice/vulnerable people
3. Submit both forms by July 19th, 2019
To complete the forms offline, please download them below, scan them and email them back to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A downloadable program information flyer is also provided below, but is not required in application submission.